Categories
OTL301 post 5 Uncategorized

Reflection

• Did you engage in each of the phases of the critical inquiry process?

I did engage in each of the phases, although resolution was the least used. I don’t think that is because I didn’t come to any resolutions, simply that I didn’t post about them.

• Were you able to resolve any problems or dilemmas?
  • What might you do differently in a future course?

I did resolve some problems, and found some things that I would like to change. As I mentioned, I was not involved in the course creation or structure, so I would like to go through and change some things that I think will work better to increase critical thinking and integration for my students.

• How might you engage with your students to ensure that they are working through the entire inquiry process?

As mentioned, I have created an introduction video for my students so that they get a sense of who their online instructor is. I will be changing some things about an online group discussion to ensure that students spend the time in discussion, rather than on doing research.

• Do you think that working through this course in an open platform like WordPress helps to encourage reflective learning?

I think that the format could be better. TBH, I didn’t understand the blog process at all and actually feel as though it may have detracted from my learning as I was spending time trying to figure out how to make the blog work.